What is Joomla?
Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS) that enables us to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects and features, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla a very popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to anyone thereby making it popular.
What is a content management system or CMS?
A content management system is software that keeps track of every piece of content on your Web site. Content can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents and such. A major advantage of using a CMS is that it simplifies the management of content and requires almost no special skill or technical knowledge to manage.
What are some examples of what Joomla! can do for you?
Joomla is used all over the world to power Web sites of all types. For example:
- Corporate Web sites or portals
- Corporate intranets and extranets
- Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
- E-commerce and online reservations
- Government applications
- Small business Web sites
- Non-profit and organizational Web sites
- Community-based portals
- School and church Web sites
- Personal or family homepages
Who has adopted Joomla CMS?
- Here are some big names using Joomla:
- MTV Networks Quizilla (Social networking) - http://www.quizilla.com
- IHOP (Restaurant chain) - http://www.ihop.com
- Harvard University (Educational) - http://gsas.harvard.edu
- Citibank (Financial institution intranet) - Not publicly accessible
- Outdoor Photographer (Magazine) - http://www.outdoorphotographer.com
More examples of companies using Joomla can be found in the Joomla Community Site Showcase.
How KLoc can help you with Joomla:
KLoc has the technical expertise and competency to guide you through the design and development of a Joomla website.
If you need custom functionality, we can either leverage third party extensions or create custom modules to take care of your business needs.
With a solid base of Open Source technology experts and commitment to total customer satisfaction, you can be assured that your Joomla site will be done to perfection.
We have worked for a boutique Investment firm in UK – Vencap.com and also for a non-profit company doing charity work in Haiti (not a live site now).
We can create online magazines, portals, business sites, not-for-profit sites or even shopping sites using Joomla.
Get in touch with us today for a FREE no obligation quote and FREE HOMEPAGE MOCKUP.